Social Studies in 3rd Grade Involves So Much Rich History
Some things we cover:
- Students learn how diverse individuals have changed their communities and world.
- They will develop an understanding of the economic, cultural, and scientific contributions made by individuals.
- They will use a variety of rich material such as biographies, founding documents, poetry, songs, and artwork.
- Students will learn the importance pieces of US history, economics, and government.
- Students will be able to identify some individuals such as the Founding Fathers, Ben Franklin, Daniel Boone, Christopher Columbus, and more!
- There will be constant talk about community, citizenship, concepts of time and chronology, etc.
- Geography: directions, maps, globes, compass rose, landforms, cultures, human characteristics, and more.
- Critical thinking skills will be integrated throughout all curriculum.
There are so many more things that we will be learning, but I will share things as we go!